Monday, July 20, 2009

My Weekend Affair

I must make a confession...I had an affair. It started innocently enough, a brief introduction a fabulous meal , and then dancing the night away. I was seduced and fell in love with a new lover, I fell in love with Nashville. Until this weekend if given the choice I would clearly choose AC/DC , Arrowsmith or Nickleback to country music. I wouldn't have considered myself a country music fan, although my love of music is deeply rooted in country western. I was raised on Hank Williams, Sons of the Pioneers, Patsy Cline. all the legends. Nashville embodies drinking, dancing and bars filled with a mix of cowboys, bikers and ordinary people who just want to have fun. Maybe it is because the music speaks to ordinary people whose daily lives are spent working, playing, loving and falling hard. From Thursday through Sunday Nashville swept me away... but then like every good country song, our affair ended. Nashville and I said goodbye, our love treasured in memories for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment