Saturday, July 11, 2009

I don't want a sleep number... Please!

I am having a wonderful weekend downtown Minneapolis and listened to some great music last night at the Basilica Block Party! We decided to just stay in a hotel and enjoy the city, since we live here it is easy to overlook what is in your own back yard. A feature that the hotel likes to add to their list of amenities is a "Sleep Number" bed. I have heard commercials where they talk about knowing your sleep number... the benefit of each person being able to create their own mattress firmness and radio personalities and celebrities proudly exclaiming their "Sleep Number"! After some time of adjusting and moving the number up and down... I realized very simply.. "I don't wanna sleep number"! Please just have a mattress for me to sleep on without my having to make a decision. I don't want to have to adjust and calibrate my bed especially when I am weary and tired and just want to get some rest.

I guess we have moved into a time in our human evolution where we want choices... "have it your way" hamburgers.... individualized features on cell phones and computer monitors and a list of ingredients for a coffee order... but geesh... frankly, I get really tired of making decisions. So for today... I will have a simple cup of coffee with a little cream please... a hamburger with the works and damn... I will fall into my hotel "Sleep Number" bed and lay my weary head to rest on whatever darn number it has programed.

1 comment: